Friday, August 22, 2014

to both destroy and marvel

They said goodbye at the bathroom door. She was going in as he bid his prolonged farewell. The passcode, 7426, then a blue light and a beep. One allegedly travels faster than the other, light/sound. Buzz Aldrin got back down from the moon and felt depressed. I should tell you about John Muir, the second time. here are my notes unedited:

A revolving gyre of water revolving there in a cove. The seal poking its head up to greet me. Girl with pink hair and blue bandanna dress storming dreamily in the wind, her wild dog barking happily with her. I'm so full of love right now it's scary and exceptional.

this one's from Point Reyes, at the bottom of the steps:

And borne of these earthly circumstances was a creature who recognized both it's impermanence and the wonder that sprang from it equally. Not always at the same time but he built lighthouses.

then these notes are from that abandoned flour mill in Vallejo:

It's weird that depression creates the concepts it does.

Which I am not anymore

We're all trapped in this thing pretending it matters.

Those notes, such polar arcs between experiences in nature and one in decayed industrialism. I had this joke, a tweet, that The Garden of Eden kind of alludes to another person named Eden. 

I am in San Francisco feeling fine. There is a room up the street, filled with addicts and alcoholics. I know, because I went inside for a meeting a few weeks ago, left before it started, then called for my same old fix. It's a girl. It's a drug. The heart is an impulsive organ with willing veins.