Friday, October 30, 2009

Yesterday

I walked uphill like I was weightless. Blissed out by the complete isolation. That's not true. There were bluebirds, flies, and the wind. There was a huge rock. There was Bec. There was the sun. The blue sky. The dead little plant that used to survive on the rock. God, it had been awhile since I'd sat quietly. I used to run those hills and climb that waterfall in the hot summer sun. I used to push my way into the hills with a mind on hyper-thought. Oh the thoughts I've had! The thinking that's felt like a perfect dance partner. Engaged in higher rhythms. A zone of deeper consideration. Clarity of logic. Only out there in blessed wilderness do I transform. Aware of a connection to my spirit. Feeling the gateway of electric current shared from the pristine to the physical.

Then there was the weightless body.

I was floating up that hill.

I told Bec about it and she said that she was doing the same thing.

Before that, we had both enjoyed walking on top of the rocks in the creek bed, like a moving puzzle, searching for the right combination of angles for each occurring step. The high walls of green mountains gave the illusion of motion. We shared space and peace. The sense of being alive. Two siblings breathing in mother nature. My best self lives on hiking trails. My bravest self swims ocean buoys in the cold blue Pacific Ocean. My most fulfilled self is a warm feeling walking home after I've expressed a particularly resonate chunk of passing energy into a stylized form. My greatest self is sharing love. Yesterday, I lived heaven.