Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Sky Has Been Avoiding Me

Where to begin is the same place to end. The sky has no fine line. It only reflects brighter seas from sharper suns. It's a running joke that if a conversation has to do with anywhere, I've probably had a related job.

It's a running rejection until success intervenes.

It's a fleeing heart until a faster and more beautiful ticker catches up and ties it down.

It's a dashing soul that has no home.

I found you at the bottom of a well. Treat me like a symphony. Wonderful that you care. Freak out like an ego. Dance like Tokyo. Put on the bowler hat, make a funny face, and swing an imaginary Charlie Chaplin Cane while speaking like the Dickens. One lemonade stand that keeps me fed. One drunken tight-rope walk with fate. One contraction after labor pains. A mad scientist with a calm vision before the storm. Speak to me devil. I've listened and I've lied. You take advantage of my honesty. A sweating body. A moving mind. A shifting tide. A ride. A drive.