Tuesday, July 5, 2016

corresponding parts

she tells me to lick my pinky and dip it into her bag. i won't glamorize my meltdown. i won't concede to shadows.

she appears out of nowhere and asks me outside. i sit there and listen. to what. i sit there and listen. there is street noise. there is music. there is the chatter of a multitudinous voice.

what is she telling me. she works as a nanny. i hear radio static. i feel faint.

she appears out of nowhere and asks me to smoke her cigarette and to lick my pinky and dip it into her bag.

she tells me she has a boyfriend. i wander. her eyes pull me in. she says her and her friend are visiting los angeles and san francisco. great city, i tell them.

i have her hand to my chest. i brought it there. as if i'm asking this stranger to feel around for my heart.