Monday, February 20, 2017

waking up grateful and surprised

I can't really do anything these days without other people, maybe I never could.

I am 73 years old. I don't know how to make love anymore cuz I am missing the desire to do it

I was walking home from work and bumped into my two friends and they accused me of not being sad anymore and they were right

I made it. I made it older than I thought I would. I am 80 years old. I sit on a bench and I watch the birds float atop the water. I used to do these things as a younger man which is funny

I can run. I can fuck for hours. I can play tennis and I can breathe. My body does everything I ask of it. I am a living miracle

I am 82 years old.  Everything is second by second. My eyes blur the image but my trusty old heart knows the story so well. It beats on a couple more times and then says its quiet goodbye