Saturday, January 14, 2017

erewhon organic grocer part 2

You would always insist on coming outside to see us off on Sunday evenings. Sometimes I didn't think it was necessary. How we would go back and forth in conversational bursts before I would finally get into the car and drive away.

Usually you would tell me to wash it, my car.

Dad, I now know I will never get over you. The way the memories of you come in, only a little at a time. Only in little bits and pieces I know I can tolerate. The whole of us would drown me.

We are such average people Dad, it's amazing how such average people can have such profound pain. We were not kings amongst men Dad, only amongst each other. And I want to tell you something, I want to tell you how I wish you could see me.

I wish you could see how well I am doing for a haunted man.