Monday, July 14, 2014

Hey Mister Hollow Eyes

I've quit nearly all my vices. I'm down to green tea. I haven't been hiking in awhile. That time I was lost in Point Mugu, probably got to me more than I care to admit. Nature and its incredible indifference. It was likely a symbol I was chasing, cuz of all that's been going on. I was in a bookstore yesterday, not wanting to read, and thinking that there are too many. There are too many. When am I going to get to all those? There is a list hanging over my head and a bunch of cannonballs ricocheting within the walls of my heart. I've been thinking about putting it all onto paper in ink. I've outgrown my jokes for the set I have in a week. I have new material that I wanna get to but I'll be in West Oakland filming a movie. And that'll be its own material. I wanna see that new Richard Linklater film. I want to see them chart it, linear, like it's an actual path. I brought up hiking, I think, because it can't be all about consumption of media. And I'm not doing a good job of that. I think I'm looking at my phone a lot for the anaesthesia. I think that's why I'm looking at my phone a lot, because I'm without a few essential coping mechanisms. And my friend, she once told me that in the end, maybe that's all that constructs a personality, is how we cope. I thought that was interesting.